Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: new topic!! cooking

  1. #1
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are any of you folks into cooking? I don't do it as much in the summer but I can make some serious cajun and italian dishes.
    ANY FAVORITE RECIPES?
    Is it time for the Cherie Currie board cookbook?(proceeds to charity of course)

    For those who eat meat(no offense intended for vegetarian's) and want to wow the crowd at a BBQ this is real easy.

    COWBOY STEAKS
    Use a nice rib eye steak and dry rub it and marinade or just bury it for an hour so in get ready now.
    even portions I use handfuls of
    *coarse kosher salt
    *brown sugar
    *fresh coarsly ground coffee.

    I know it sounds funky but the sugar and salt will sear it. You will think you have burnt it, it will blacken but once cut it will be moist and tender. The coffee will lend a smokey flavor to it.

    If anyone is ever passing through Connecticut I'll save you a place at the table.
    Chef Charlie.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lulirock's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi Charlie!
    It seems to be very good. I love cooking too!!!

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    *Luciana*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    It's a good one. Throw a recipe at the board [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stir Fry chicken-
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Chicken- cut into bite size pieces
    Peppers- green, red, and orange
    onion- I love onions, so I do use a BIG onion
    College Inn chicken broth- 2 cans
    Soy sauce- half a cup
    cook chicken first-
    then saute vegetables-
    add floor and a little water to thicken gravy
    And, that's it, pretty basic, and it's so good [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL, I'm hungry now, my mouth is starting to water. - NYJ -

  5. #5
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hey Charlie!!! What a GREAT idea!
    I MUST contribute with the BEST salmon recipe I know. It's sooo easy! Here we go.

    1. salmon fillet. 2 pounds or more. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    2 lemons. 1 quartered for juice, 1 halved and sliced thin for garnish)
    1/2 cup of wine wine
    1 t. garlic powder (or real crushed if you have the time about two cloves) [img]eek.gif[/img]
    1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
    and a good shake of YOUR favorite seasoning.

    Wash your salmon and pat dry. Pull a LARGE portion of heavy duty foil.. Enough to extend the length of your arms fully stretched. Place it on the sink where you can 'cup' the foil to catch juices. Spray the foil with Pam or rub with olive oil.
    Place salmon in the middle of the foil, pour wine and sqeeze 1 lemon over the top, then add your garlic, lemon pepper and seasoning. Then put your slices of lemon (remember to slice them thin) over the top. Now, fold the foil together and seal tightly so as to steam the fish.
    Place it on your BBQ, at medium heat, with lid down for 15 minutes. THAT'S IT!!!!!! IT'S AMAZING AND soooooo good for you! (I really like the lemon slices after they're cooked!)

    So there you go.... one of MY best recipes to share. Let me know what you think.
    Kisses,

    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Cherie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JetRnk's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to admit this, I can't cook at all! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    JetRnk

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOLOL, I mean add FLOUR, not FLOOR! LOL...
    - NYJ -

  8. #8
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll try them both. I'll post other gems this week.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Jetrnk~ we'll teach you how to cook on the board! LOL... I took a cooking class back when and I had alot of fun doing it, I do make a MEAN deviled egg also! Ha. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] - NYJ -

  10. #10
    Inactive Member JetRnk's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    LOL! Ok thanks NYJ...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic